Diploma in conference interpreting for German (A) and English (B), i.e. I interpret form German into English and vice versa.
This is only a small selection of my approx. 200 assignments in the last two years and gives you an impression of the diversity of topics that I have been dealing with.
I have not listed all my assignments for German government ministries or the parliament, approx. 20 to 25 days in the last two years.
Politics & Human Rights
- "25 Years of Welthungerhilfe in Afghanistan", Roundtable
- "Sea rescue in the central Mediterranean", Parliamentary Breakfast
- "Fair global economy", Parliamentary Breakfast
- "CONNECT - Welcome structure meets self-organisation"
- Torture in Uzbekistan
- Delegation of the National Population and Talent Division (Singapore) on family and labour policy
- Press conference on the International Human Rights Day
- TV assignments in the context of the German Bundestag Elections
- 10th Anniversary of the UN VGTTs, event of Welthungerhilfe
- Presentation of the World Hunger Index (WHI)
- "From darkfield to brightfield - perspectives, opportunities and challenges for detecting racisms", Competence Network for the Prevention of Islamophobia and Muslimophobia
Council of Europe
- "#NotInMyParliament - ending sexual abuse in parliaments"
- Delegation visit on the protection of national minorities
- Sub-committee on Gender Equality
- Anniversary 50 Years of VG Bild-Kunst
- 2-day conference "70 Years of Basic Law"
- "International tax legislation"
- Annual international copyright conference of the Initiative Urheberrecht (authors' rights initative)
- Meetings with U.S. Border Patrol and Customs Authorities on the topic of migration
- "International Criminal Law: The first trial for the genocide of Yazidis in German Courts"
- User seminar ceramic implants and biological dentistry
- Various assignments on the German Drug Market Reorganization Act (AMNOG) and the German Drug Benefit Assessment Ordinance (AM-NutzenV): advisory meetings, hearings of the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA), price negotiations, arbitration proceedings
- Delegation of the Ministry of Law (Singapore) on the work of judges
- Digital Health: Presentation of research results
- "Fascination Laser", laser dentistry
- Regular management webcasts for a large German pharmaceutical company
- Event of the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (KBV) on the recruitment of specialists
Education & Society
- "The relevant museum - audience development strategies"
- "Fake news? Role and responsibility of the media" (journey with journalists)
- "Between social disciplining and pleasure: politics and practices of play in state socialism"
- "Luxury communism"
- "Digital participation for all"
- Events on gambling, online betting & slot machines
- Protestant Church Congress in Berlin
- "Advice, information and cost coverage for contraception"
- "We are here, we are loud! United against the backlash" by Women7 and the German Women's Council
- Events in the newly opened Humboldt Forum
- Digital learning journeys by the German Children and Youth Foundation
Business & Finance
- "Innovation funding"
- Works council meeting of a telephone marketing provider
- European works council meetings
- World Economic Forum in Davos
- XXXIst International Symposium of the ISSA Construction Section (occupational safety and health)
- Monthly management meetings of an international logistics company
Energy & Environment
- Journalist delegations on nuclear energy (Gorleben), lignite (Lusatia) and hard coal (Northrhine-Westphalia), smart mobility (Stuttgart) and gas supply (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania)
- Facility visits, regular management briefings, annual press conference of a major gas, oil and carbon management company
Agriculture & Urban Development
- 100 years of Bauhaus (experts meeting during a fact-finding tour)
- Healthy food for the city
- Presentation for the 2017 International Garden Exhibition (IGA)
- "Making Cities Resilient" of the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Freelance conference interpreter
Head of Interpreting and Translation Services and staff interpreter, Governing Mayor of Berlin
Lecturer for conference interpreting, Vilnius University (Lithuania)
Correspondent of the n-ost journalist network (reporting on Central and Eastern Europe)
Education and training
School of Translation and Interpreting, Heidelberg University
Major: Conference Interpreting for English and French (German: mother tongue), Minor: Law
Ottawa University, Exchange programme of the international student association AIESEC
Ecole de Traduction et d'Interprétation (ETI), Geneva University
Study abroad programme
Participation in the following training courses
- English Pronunciation Enhancement
- Stress und Resource Management for Conference Interpreters
- Improved Reading
Officer for young talent promotion and co-ordinator of mentoring programme within the German Conference Interpreters' Association VKD
Press Officer of the German region of the International Association of Conference Interpreters AIIC
Mentor as part of the mentoring programme within the German Conference Interpreters' Association VKD
Member of the German Association of Founders and Self-Employed Persons VGSD e.V.
Member of the legal committee of the International Association of Conference Interpreters AIIC